2019 Langton’s James Halliday Chardonnay Challenge Winner Announced!
Congratulations to Oakridge Wines for being crowned champion at the Langton’s James Halliday Chardonnay Challenge with their 2017 864 Funder and Diamond Chardonnay.
Scoring 96 out of a total 100 points, Oakridge’s 2017 864 Funder and Diamond Chardonnay is a single block, single vineyard wine that has taken out the top prize from over 400 other entries from regions across the country.
“This year brought together many fine examples of chardonnay from around the country,” James Halliday said.
“The pristine, expressive and genre-leading Oakridge 864 Chardonnay profoundly reflects the power of the Yarra Valley landscape, an enduring Yarra Valley classic” James Halliday describes the winning wine.
Congratulations also to our Regional Winners:
- 2017 First Creek Winemaker’s Reserve Chardonnay – 95 points
- 2018 Paringa Estate Estate Chardonnay – 95 points
- 2017 Indigo Vineyard Secret Village Chardonnay – 95 points
- 2017 Tolpuddle Vineyard Chardonnay – 96 points
- 2018 Credaro Family Estate 1000 Crowns Chardonnay – 96 points
- 2018 Pike and Joyce Wines Kay Reserve Chardonnay – 96 points
Click here for full results.