Qantas annual wine tasting – now open for submissions
Qantas will be holding its annual wine tasting from June 13th – June 16th 2017. Their website has been updated and you can now submit your wines. Key information is set out below.
Wines being reviewed in June 2017 include:
- Cabernet & Cabernet Blends for Business Class
- Cabernet & Cabernet Blends for First Class
- Shiraz & Shiraz Blends for Business Class
- Shiraz & Shiraz Blends for First Class
- Pinot Noir For Business Class
- Pinot Noir For First Class
- Other Red Varieties for Business Class
- Other Red Varieties for First Class
- Sauvignon Blanc for Business Class
- Sauvignon Blanc and other White Varietals for First Class
- Riesling for Business Class
- Riesling for First Class
- Chardonnay for Business Class
- Chardonnay for First Class
- Other White Varietals for Business Class
- Dessert wine for First Class
- Dessert wine for Business Class
- Business Class Fortifieds
- Tasman Business Class White Wine (NZ produced Wines)
- Tasman Business Class Red WIne (NZ produced Wines)
If you have museum stock or back vintage wines especially First Class Quality we would be very keen for you to submit these wines for consideration.
Submitting Your Wine
To submit wine into the next wine review please complete all of the steps in the submission process outlined below.
- Read the information on this website https://www.qantas.com.au/WineTasting/ImportantSupplyInformation.do
- Take note of the dates below.
- For each wine you submit, complete a separate Submission Form on this website.
- Send in samples as per below.
Submission forms: to be submitted via this website no later than Monday 22nd May 2017
Link to: Submission Form
- One form per wine is required.
- You will receive an email confirmation of this submission, sent to the email address you enter on the form.
- On the form, “Total Quantity Submitted” means the volume you can sell to Qantas.
- Price is “net” of all taxes – means excludes all taxes.
Wine samples: Send in sample bottles x one bottle of each only.
Delivery: Wine to arrive during the weeks of Monday 22nd May – Wednesday 31st May. Samples received before or after these dates will not be considered.
Address samples to:
Qantas Centre of Service Excellence,
33 Huntley St,
Alexandria, NSW, 2015
Package label: Please ensure that you clearly label the carton with QANTAS TASTING.
- One bottle of each wine is required.
- All wine submitted becomes the property of Qantas.
- Cardboard or other recyclable postage packing is preferred to polystyrene packing.
- No tank samples.
- No samples for economy 187ml.
- Refer to ‘Selection Process’ page for information regarding wine styles.
- Please ensure there are adequate quantities available for purchase of the wine you send in for sampling.
- Minimum sale amount 1 pallet.
Has Your Wine Been Selected?
Whilst Qantas endeavours to respond to every submission, given the high number of submissions received, this regrettably is not always possible.
If you have not heard back from Qantas by 31st October 2017 please assume that your wine has not been selected in this instance.
For further info contact:
Wine & Beverage Manager
Qantas Airways Limited
Building C, Level 5, 10 Bourke Rd,
Mascot 2020, NSW Australia
Tel +61 (0)2 9691 1712 – Mobile +61 (0) 418 967 582