Wine Show Classes
Classes 1 – 11
Minimum entry requirement – 50 Dozen
2. Aromatic White Wines and Blends – Varieties may include but are not limited to: Riesling, Sauvignon Blanc, Gewürtztraminer, Pinot Gris/Grigio.
3. Other Single White Varieties & blends – Any white variety or blend not eligible for classes 2, 4 & 5.
4. Chardonnay (greater than 85% Chardonnay).
4a. Wines eligible for both the Langton’s Yarra Valley Wine Show and James Halliday Chardonnay Challenge.
4b. Wines eligible for the Langton’s Yarra Valley Wine Show ONLY.
5. Sweet White.
7. Pinot Noir (greater than 85% Pinot Noir).
8. Cabernet Sauvignon (greater than 85% Cabernet Sauvignon).
9. Cabernet Varieties and Blends not eligible for classes 8 – Varieties include Cabernet Sauvignon, Merlot, Cabernet Franc, Malbec, Petit Verdot.
10. Shiraz and Shiraz dominant blends.
11. Other Single Red Varieties & Blends – Any red variety or blend not eligible for
classes 7, 8, 9 & 10.
Classes 12 – 13 Museum Wines – 2012 vintage and older
Minimum entry requirement – 10 Dozen
12. Museum White
13. Museum Red
Class 14 Wines of Provenance
Minimum entry requirement for current vintage is 50 dozen. There are no minimum stock requirements for the two older wines.
Entry comprises of three separate vintages:
- Current Vintage
- Wine 5 to 9 years older than the current vintage
- Wine at least 10 years older than the current vintage.
For all details and regulations please download the Langton’s Yarra Valley Wine Show Schedule 2018