Wine Show Schedule
A PDF of the Schedule can be downloaded here Yarra Valley Wine Show Schedule 2017
Enter here. Entries close on Friday 30 June 2017
- Wines entered in the Yarra Valley Wine Show must declare the Yarra Valley,
and only the Yarra Valley, as the GI of origin on the commercial label. The
regulations governing these declarations can be found here: Compliance Guide.
- All exhibits submitted must be commercially bottled, or otherwise packaged.
Tank, barrel, egg and amphorae samples are not permitted.
- Entries nominated for Best Single Vineyard Wine must comprise a minimum of
95% fruit from a single vineyard.
- Each Exhibit is to consist of six 750ml wine bottles or equivalent with the
exception of Museum Classes 12 & 13 where each exhibit is to consist of four
750ml wine bottles or equivalent.
- A wine may be entered only once in the show.
- Exhibitors may enter multiple wines in all classes provided each entry is
identified by its commercial name and vintage on the entry form.
- The minimum quantity of 50 dozen shall apply to each entry at the time of entry lodgement, with the exception of Museum Classes 12 & 13 where the minimum requirement is 10 dozen.
- Exhibits must be the property of the exhibitor at the time of entry.
- All exhibits become the property of the Yarra Valley Winegrowers Association
(YVWGA), who may make exhibits available for other judging or promotional
- The grape varieties and percentages used to make the wine must be specified
on entry in descending order of proportion.
- The vintage declaration (year or NV) must be specified for all entries.
- Wines to be entered under parent company name.
- It is a condition of entry that the YVWGA reserves the right to purchase up to
two (2) dozen of any Exhibit.
- Chief Steward reserves the right to transfer entries from one class to another class.
- Wines may be refused entry, or may be disqualified at the complete discretion of the Chief Steward and/or the Wine Show Committee.
- The entry fee will be $105 (inc. GST) per wine. YVWGA members will receive a
discount and pay $70 (inc. GST) per wine. See below for entry fee to the James
Halliday Chardonnay Challenge.
- Entry fees will not be refunded if an exhibit is not received by the due date,
withdrawn by the exhibitor after entry form lodgement, or the exhibit is
disqualified by the Chief Steward.
- Entries open on Monday 5 June and close Friday 30 June 2017 and can be
made at www.wineyarravalley.com.au. Late entries will not be accepted.
- Exhibitors’ contact details will be published in the catalogue of results.
The James Halliday Chardonnay Challenge
- All Yarra Valley Chardonnay entered into the Yarra Valley Wine Show will
automatically be entered in the James Halliday Chardonnay Challenge.
- Exhibitors are free to enter their Chardonnay only in the Yarra Valley Wine
Show. This is done by selecting the opt out box on the entry form.
- All regulations listed on www.chardonnaychallenge.com.au apply to wines
entered in the James Halliday Chardonnay Challenge.
- Exhibits entered in both competitions will only be charged the entry fee for the James Halliday Chardonnay Challenge ($115 Inc. GST per entry) i.e. they will not be charged for the Yarra Valley Wine Show.
Further information on the James Halliday Chardonnay Challenge can be found at: www.chardonnaychallenge.com.au
- Supplied delivery labels must be attached to cartons.
- Deliveries will only be accepted between Monday 31 July and Friday 11 August between 9am and 4pm.
Yarra Valley Wine Show
Domaine Chandon Loading Bay
727 Maroondah Highway
COLDSTREAM VIC 3770
All deliveries to be clearly marked “Yarra Valley Wine Show”.
- All freight must be prepaid by exhibitor.
- The YVWGA accepts no responsibility for, and will not pay for, any freight, loss or damages.
- Wine show labels and delivery labels will be forwarded to exhibitors
approximately 2 weeks prior to delivery dates.
- Wine show labels must be applied to the back label of exhibits prior to delivery.
- Commercial labels may remain on the bottles.
- Each wine will be assessed by a panel of three judges.
- Results will be expressed using the 100 point system.
- Awards will be given on the following basis:
95 to 100 points = Gold medal
90 to 94 points = Silver medal
85 to 89 points = Bronze medal
- Only Gold Medal wines shall be eligible for trophies.
- Best Single Vineyard Wines – Only wines achieving a gold medal in their class
and nominated on the entry form for inclusion in the Best Single Vineyard Wine
– Red and White will be judged for these trophies.
- Silver medals and above from Yarra Valley Wine Show will qualify for premium and single vineyard classes at National Wine Show of Australia (Canberra).
- Exhibitors shall comply with the Winemakers Federation of Australia (WFA)
Code of Practice for the display of awards. A copy of the code can be found here: Awards Code of Practice.
- The Champion Wine of Show is selected by the judging panel from the Best
Sparkling, Best White, Best Rosé and Best Red Wine in Show Trophy winners.
- The Most Successful Exhibitor trophy will be awarded to the Exhibitor with
the highest average point score based on all entries. A minimum of 6 entries is
required to be eligible for this award.
- A random audit will be conducted with respect to any entry in line with ASVO
- If an audit reveals that an exhibit was not submitted in accordance with the
show regulations any award(s) that the exhibit may have earned will be
forfeited and the responsible exhibitor may be denied entry to future shows.
- No correspondence with respect to any decisions will be entered into.
The Yarra Valley Wine Growers Association (YVWGA) collects information from
a number of sources, in the public domain, to contact wine enterprises who then
may be invited to enter the Yarra Valley Wine Show. The YVWGA collects further
information from wine enterprises as they submit an entry. All collected information from entries is only used to further existing relationships with entrants. The YVWGA does not pass on, or disclose, any information about wine enterprises to any other organisation or person.