Wine Show Schedule
A PDF of the Schedule can be downloaded here 2019 Langton’s Yarra Valley Wine Show Schedule
Enter here. Entries close on Friday 29 June 2019
1.Wines entered in the Langton’s Yarra Valley Wine Show must declare the Yarra
Valley, and only the Yarra Valley, as the GI of origin on the commercial label. The
regulations governing these declarations can be found here: Compliance Guide.
2. All exhibits submitted must be commercially bottled, or otherwise packaged.
Tank, barrel, egg and amphorae samples are not permitted.
3. Entries nominated for Best Single Vineyard Wine must comprise a minimum of
95% fruit from a single vineyard.
4. Each exhibit is to consist of six 750ml wine bottles or equivalent with the
exception of Classes 12, 13 & 14. In the museum classes 12 & 13 each exhibit is to
consist of four 750ml wine bottles or equivalent, Wines of Provenance (Class 14)
requires 2 bottles of the 3 separate vintages (2 x current vintage, 2 x wine 5 to 9
years older than current vintage and 2 x wine at least 10 years older than current
5. A wine may be entered only once in the show. Unless entered in Class 14 (Wines of Provenance) which can also be entered in their appropriate class also.
6. Exhibitors may enter multiple wines in all classes provided each entry is
identified by its commercial name and vintage on the entry form.
7. The minimum quantity of 50 dozen shall apply to each entry at the time of entry lodgement, with the exception of Museum Classes 12 & 13 where the minimum requirement is 10 dozen. Wines of Provenance (Class 14) requires a minimum quantity of the current vintage wine but has no minimum stock requirements for the older two wines.
8. Wines entered into the Wines of Provenance are not eligible for Best Single
Vineyard, Best Red/White, Champion of Show or Most Successful Exhibitor
unless through winning their respective current vintage class.
9. Exhibits must be the property of the exhibitor at the time of entry.
10. All exhibits become the property of the Yarra Valley Winegrowers Association
(YVWGA), who may make exhibits available for other judging or promotional
11. The grape varieties and percentages used to make the wine must be specified
on entry in descending order of proportion.
12. The vintage declaration (year or NV) must be specified for all entries.
13. Wines are to be entered under parent company name.
14. It is a condition of entry that the YVWGA reserves the right to purchase up to
two (2) dozen of any exhibit.
15. The Chief Steward reserves the right to transfer entries from one class to
16. Wines may be refused entry, or may be disqualified at the complete discretion of the Chief Steward and/or the Wine Show Committee.
17. The entry fee will be $115 (inc. GST) per wine. YVWGA members will receive
a discount and pay $70 (inc. GST) per wine. See below for entry fee to the
Langton’s James Halliday Chardonnay Challenge.
18. Entry fees will not be refunded if an exhibit is not received by the due date,
withdrawn by the exhibitor after entry form lodgement, or the exhibit is
disqualified by the Chief Steward.
19. Entries open on Monday 3 June and close Friday 28 June 2019 and can be made at www.wineyarravalley.com.au. Late entries will not be accepted.
20. Exhibitors’ contact details will be published in the catalogue of results.
Additional Requirements for Gold Medal And Trophy Winners
Any gold medal winning exhibitors identified during judging will be notified at the conclusion of judging by the YVWS Committee and must supply a further one dozen bottles of the gold medal winning exhibit to be delivered by Friday 6th September 2019.
The Langton’s James Halliday Chardonnay Challenge
21. All Yarra Valley Chardonnay entered into the Langton’s Yarra Valley Wine
Show Class 4 will automatically be entered in the Langton’s James Halliday
22. All regulations listed on www.chardonnaychallenge.com.au apply to wines
entered in the Langton’s James Halliday Chardonnay Challenge.
23. Exhibits entered in both competitions (Class 4) will only be charged the entry
fee for the Langton’s James Halliday Chardonnay Challenge ($115 Inc. GST per
entry) i.e. they will not be charged for the Langton’s Yarra Valley Wine Show.
Further information on the Langton’s James Halliday Chardonnay Challenge can be found at: www.chardonnaychallenge.com.au
24. Supplied delivery labels must be attached to cartons.
25. Deliveries will only be accepted between Monday 29 July and Friday 9 August between 9am and 4pm.
Langton’s Yarra Valley Wine Show
727 Maroondah Highway
COLDSTREAM VIC 3770
All deliveries to be clearly marked “Langton’s Yarra Valley Wine Show”.
26. All freight must be prepaid by exhibitor.
27. The YVWGA accepts no responsibility for, and will not pay for, any freight, loss or damages.
28.Wine show labels and delivery information will be emailed to exhibitors
approximately 2 weeks prior to delivery dates.
29. Wine show labels must be printed on white labels and be applied to the back label of three bottles and to the front label of the other three bottles prior to delivery (To allow for the proper auditing of any claims made)
30. Commercial labels may remain in the bottles.
- Each wine will be assessed by a panel of three judges.
- Results will be expressed using the 100 point system.
- Awards will be given on the following basis:
95 to 100 points = Gold medal
90 to 94 points = Silver medal
85 to 89 points = Bronze medal
- Only Gold Medal wines shall be eligible for trophies.
- Best Single Vineyard Wines – Only wines achieving a gold medal in their class
and nominated on the entry form for inclusion in the Best Single Vineyard Wine
– Red and White will be judged for these trophies.
- Silver medals and above from Yarra Valley Wine Show will qualify for premium and single vineyard classes at National Wine Show of Australia (Canberra).
- Exhibitors shall comply with the Winemakers Federation of Australia (WFA)
Code of Practice for the display of awards. A copy of the code can be found here: Awards Code of Practice.
- The Champion Wine of Show is selected by the judging panel from the Best
Sparkling, Best White, Best Rosé and Best Red Wine in Show Trophy winners.
- The Most Successful Exhibitor trophy will be awarded to the Exhibitor with
the highest average point score based on their highest pointed wines entered from Classes 1 – 11. A minimum of 6 entries is required to be eligible for this award.
- A random audit will be conducted with respect to any entry in line with ASVO
- If an audit reveals that an exhibit was not submitted in accordance with the
show regulations any award(s) that the exhibit may have earned will be
forfeited and the responsible exhibitor may be denied entry to future shows.
- No correspondence with respect to any decisions will be entered into.
The Yarra Valley Wine Growers Association (YVWGA) collects information from
a number of sources, in the public domain, to contact wine enterprises who then
may be invited to enter the Langton’s Yarra Valley Wine Show. The YVWGA collects further information from wine enterprises as they submit an entry. All collected information from entries is only used to further existing relationships with entrants. The YVWGA does not pass on, or disclose, any information about wine enterprises to any other organisation or person.