Company: Helen & Joey
Job Title: Sous Chef
$80,000 – $90,000 per year + Super
Helen & Joey Estate is one of the most recognisable wineries in the Yarra Valley due to its outstanding wines, views, and iconic unicorn statue, Bruce. The cool climate Fernando Vineyard on Spring Lane, Gruyere was purchased in 2010 by Helen and Joey. An abundance of passion, hard work, and expertise goes into producing premium fruit across this stunning 200-acre farm. Anticipation fills the air as we introduce the captivating and enchanting Re’em Yarra Valley, our latest addition to the world of winery restaurants and hotels. Nestled amidst the picturesque landscape of the Yarra Valley, this extraordinary destination seeks a talented and passionate Sous Chef to inspire, delight and embark on this journey with us!!
The new Sous Chef will be a major part of the brand new Re’em Yarra Valley, with its state-of-the-art restaurant and kitchen facilities. The Re’em kitchen will produce Modern Australian cuisine strongly influenced by the Sichuan and Zhe provinces in China, resulting in unique dishes rich in herbal flavours, contrasting textures, and interesting ingredients. The restaurant will seat up to 110 guests for breakfast, lunch, and dinner, and specialise in corporate events, functions, and weddings.
About the Role
• Ensure compliance with food safety standards
• Lead and manage the kitchen team
• Manage rostering in line with business needs
• Maintain wage control and other operational costs
• Manage the ordering of produce
• Maintain the highest level of cleanliness and professionalism
• Certificate III or IV in Commercial Cookery or equivalent
• Food Safety Certification (as per FSANZ Standard 3.2.2A)
• Minimum 2 yrs. experience in Chinese and modern Australian cuisine
• A strong leader capable of developing an efficient, calm, respectful kitchen team
• Can do, hands-on management style
• Expertise in all sections of a commercial kitchen
• Ability to establish a strong kitchen culture and lead-by-example
• Competitive salary package based on experience, with incentives
• Brand-new hotspot for the region, with high-end facilities, and a small team
• Great culture, our team is made up of dynamic and fun Directors and Owner Operators who get the job done but love to enjoy life too!
• Ongoing support and training within the role to suit your needs
• Professional development opportunities
If this position excites you and you can see yourself being part of our wonderful team, then please apply today with your current resume and a cover letter outlining your key skills and why you believe this role is for you! We are excited to hear from you! Only shortlisted applicants will be notified. We thank you for your time and interest in this role.
Please apply with a current resume at email@example.com or please feel welcome to contact me directly on 0432 141 944 to discuss the role.
Your application will include the following questions:
• Which of the following cuisine types do you have experience with?
• Which of the following statements best describes your right to work in Australia?
• How many years of experience do you have as a sous chef?
• Which of the following culinary arts qualifications have you obtained?
• Have you worked in a role that requires a sound knowledge of food provenance?
• Have you worked in a role that requires a sound understanding of OH&S/WHS?
Further enquiries and applications
Contact for enquiries
Kim Petana 0432 141 944 firstname.lastname@example.org