Tom Sarafian, the new master of modern Middle Eastern cooking, and wine-maker Jayden Ong will come together again for one very special weekend as part of Yarra Valley’s winter festival, Fireside.
With two special dinner events plus a Saturday barbeque lunch, guests will enjoy a wonderful shared Persian winter menu with an outstanding beverage offering to match.
Here are the details;
Dinner Friday 14 July
Tom Sarafian’s three-course Persian Feast dinner menu, $110 per person for food
Wines available by the glass plus full wine list available and also an optional 3-wine pairing (300ml) $45pp
- Torshi – Iranian pickled vegetablesEshkeneh – Persian soup with herbs, potatoes and soft egg
- Kashk e Bademjan – Barbecued eggplant, kashk sauce, mint, fried onions
- Nan-e barbari – Wood fired flatbreads
- Khoresh Fesenjan – Barbecued duck breast and slow roasted leg with walnut and pomegranate sauce
- Smoked rice, saffron butter
- Persian beet salad
- Fereni – Cardamom milk pudding with pistachios and rhubarb cooked in rose syrup
A gluten free and vegetarian menu is also available.
The Jayden Ong Wines team will be heading up the paired drinks list, pouring premium Yarra Valley wines made in house by Jayden Ong, along with some rare and highly sought after international wines and a refreshing list of delicious cocktails.
Internationally renowned DJ, and Melbourne’s 3-RRR ‘Stylin’ host Ennio Styles, will be spinning Persian inspired tunes all night.
All group bookings for 8 and 10 guests will receive a special gift to take home from Tom and Jayden!
So gather your group and book your table for A Persian Feast by Tom Sarafian and Jayden Ong.
- This menu is a sample and is subject to produce changes and variations.
- Ticket price includes a shared style three course set menu. Wine pairing and beverage options are available and will be charged on a consumption basis.
- Please include any dietary notes when purchasing your tickets. Gluten free and vegetarian menus will be available with prior notice, we are unable to cater to any other dietary requirements.
- Reservations are for a 2 hour duration, by which time we kindly ask for the table to be returned for guests who are joining us later.
- Our restaurant seating is a mix of tall tables with padded stool seating and traditional restaurant seating. Some of the seating arrangement will be communal, please reach out to Winery and Cellar Bar with any questions or concerns – email@example.com
- The Yarra Valley is a cool climate region and in the cooler months the large winery is kept at an optimum temperature for our wine in barrel and tank. We do have some heating indoors and outdoors and have woollen blankets and hot water bottles available upon request. For your comfort we recommend wearing lots of cosy layers and dressing for the elements!